Last Updated: July 21, 2009
THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE FINANCIAL ADVICE OR FINANCIAL SERVICES
- The Site and Services are intended solely to provide you with access to a wide variety of resources so you can better manage and organize your finances.
- The Content available on this Site and via the Services is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial, tax or other professional services advice.
- MarinLink does not recommend or endorse any entity, content or other information that may be accessible via the Site or Services. Your use of the Site and Services is at your sole risk and discretion and MarinLink hereby disclaims any and all liability to you or any third party relating thereto.
- We recommend that you seek the advice of a licensed professional when making financial decisions.
Eligibility and Use
The Site and Services are intended solely for persons who are 13 or older. Please do not use the Site or Services if you are under 13.
Third Party Services
The Site contains links to and content provided by third party services, websites and resources (“Third Party Services”). You acknowledge and agree that MarinLink is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such Third Party Services; or (ii) the content, products, or services available on or through such Third Party Services, including, but not limited to, any advice, counseling or guidance you receive from a Third Party Service you may access in connection with your use of the Site or Services. Links to such Third Party Services do not imply any endorsement by MarinLink of such Third Party Services or the content, products, or services available therefrom. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any Third Party Services.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site and Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback through the “Contact Us” section of the Site. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of MarinLink and you hereby irrevocably assign to MarinLink and agree to irrevocably assign to MarinLink all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including without limitation all worldwide patent rights, copyright rights, trade secret rights, and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein. At MarinLink’s request and expense, you will execute documents and take such further acts as MarinLink may reasonably request to assist MarinLink to acquire, perfect, and maintain its intellectual property rights and other legal protections for the Feedback.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Site, Services or Content:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances (including but not limited to activities that promote or provide instructional information regarding the manufacture or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances);
- Use, display, mirror, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Site, or any individual element or materials within the Site, MarinLink’s name, any MarinLink trademark, logo or other proprietary information, the content of any text or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without MarinLink’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, MarinLink’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of MarinLink’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any MarinLink system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by MarinLink or any of MarinLink’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site, Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Services or Content or download Content from the Site or Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by MarinLink or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera);
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a MarinLink trademark, logo URL or product name without MarinLink’s express written consent;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site, Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site or Services from other users of the Site or Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Copyright and IP Policy
MarinLink respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. MarinLink has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see MarinLink’s Copyright and IP Policy at , for further information. copyright-intellectual-property-policy/
THE SITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MARINLINK EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
MARINLINK MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. MARINLINK MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR CONTENT PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM MARINLINK OR THROUGH THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will MarinLink’S aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with THESE TERMS OR USE OR From the use OF or inability to use the SITE, ServiceS or content exceed twenty-five U.S. dollars ($25). THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN MARINLINK AND YOU.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Proprietary Rights Notices
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of MarinLink used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of MarinLink. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
Businesses and Non Profits:
To list your activity or link to www.getmoneysmart.info, click on the appropriate title below::
MarinLink Content License Agreement for Businesses: MarinLink_-_Participating_Entity_Agreement_(for-fee)_(10-14-09)
MarinLink Content License Agreement for Nonprofit Organizations: MarinLink – Content Licensing Agreement for non-profits